It's not all roses, though. In fact, I cried numerous times before the school year even started just feeling overwhelmed. It's...a lot. My job is hard. Really hard. It's a rollercoaster of tasks and duties and a rare break for me. But when you invest in people--in children--you are always on, always teaching and always loving. So the investments and the payouts are great.
There are some cool, new developments, though....
- I'm a homeschool teacher! I'm still working in my public school (obviously), but, starting after labor day, I will be teaching Spanish to a student I taught in public school last year and her twin sister (and their mom!). They will be homeschooled starting this year but still wanted to take Spanish for their mission trips. It's going to be awesome. And the best part? I completely design the curriculum and what we do. The freedom is so amazing I don't even know what to do with it.
- I will have a teacher's aid next semester! AHHHHHH! A student that I taught my first year--who is no a Senior-- is coming back to be my aid. I'll have...help!?! It's insane. I'm so happy. She was a great kid when I taught her 5 years ago. I can't believe it's been that long. When those kids are in college that will start really weirding me out and make me feel old. LOL.
He wasn't amused.
Welcome back. You are one of those teachers that changes the life of a child, Kathryn. Remember your 5th grade year and Mrs. H? She cultivated the potential in you and you just blossomed from there. Looking forward to your update. Love you...
ReplyDelete