My pillows that I have been wanting finally when on sale at Target! YAY! I was so happy, and Luna was, too. She has decided she loves to snug herself to them...much to my chagrin. Of course, since they are my favorite, newest thing room, she is going to rub her stink all over it. Nice, Luna. Nice. She is blanket and pillow obsessed.
I also got a side table at Target on sale for $40 (down from $80!!). I decided to dress it up, but I refused to spend a lot of money...that's where a trip to the Goodwill comes into play.
I love the Goodwill. I really do. Plus I feel like we are doing a service to the community by shopping there, and we give back all the time. When I was growing up my mom used to donate a lot of things to Goodwill and tell us to gather things in our room for "the poor." (Which is funny that I now frequent there--at least once a week). We're not "poor," just looking for a bargain, and there is nothing wrong with that! Be prepared to sift through a lot of crap, but when you find the right thing it is totally worth it. Here's our new table and what we scored at G-will:
First there was this round basket for .99 that I decided to turn into art. We needed something simple over the table, and it was just perfect. I just turned it so bottom was up. It adds texture and is a copy from something I saw out of a Pottery Barn catalog.
Then there was this candy dish...I have a sweet tooth. What can I say? It was only .25 cents. (And no, the candy didn't come in it and yes I washed it...weirdo ;) )
And then there was this basket. It was the same one that I have seen in Target for $19.99. I paid $2.99.
And then there was my favorite find, which made Charlie roll his eyes because he doesn't understand my obsession with white ceramic animals. I love them. This little elefante was only .99 cents. I was so happy to have found him! His name is Paco. And his trunk is up, so that's good luck :P
And there's my new pillow that I love so much :) Would you laugh if I told you I made Luna move to take the picture? Hehe.
omg, great finds! i can never find anything good! but so many other people have such great buys when they go! i might not have the most patience ... that might be the problem!
ReplyDeletehaha, i did laugh that you made Luna move ... i've done that to my cat, haha!
Thanks, Faith! I would say I only find something good one out of every 5 times I go. I think I just got lucky this week. The other key is to go to a GW in a rich neighborhood...far better items!
ReplyDeleteLooks so good. Glad you are having such fun. I think Paco is cute.
ReplyDeletei love thift finds!!! ;)
ReplyDeleteOMG! I need a Paco in my life. And for .99 cents... amazing!
ReplyDelete