Saturday, January 16, 2010

Home face-lift, part 1

After Christmas, it seemed just about time to give our apartment a mini-face lift. We hadn't really bought anything "new" for the place since we moved to North Carolina three years ago (aside from a mattress, which isn't much fun, a washer and dryer, which aren't much fun either, one painting for the living room and two plants). So, with a few new pieces of furniture and some trips to Wal-Mart (I know, Lord save my soul) room-by-room we were able to make our home more beautiful and cozy. And the best part, we spent under $75 for the ENTIRE PLACE! I bet you are wondering how we did it....

This is long overdue, but the bathroom was spruced up first! We have such a beautiful garden tub, and before, it wasn't enjoyed much.

BEFORE:


This trip was done entirely at Bed Bath and Beyond using gift cards and awesome 20% off coupons!

AFTER:

HOW WE MADE IT WORK:

1) The art set the tone for everything. They are watercolor prints from our honeymoon cruise. They depict the three ports we visited in Alaska-- Skagway, Ketchikan, and Juneau. They are beautiful and so meaningful to us....and better yet, free!!!!
Cost for prints: $0
Cost for frames: $0 (Bed Bath and Beyond gift card)

2) We love K&C above the tub! I "bought" them thinking I could use them for our wedding somewhere, but there wasn't a need. Perfect for the bathroom!
Cost: $0 (This is a funny story---I was at Wal-Mart buying a bunch of wedding stuff last May, and I had these in my cart. The lady forgot to ring them up and just put them in the bag. Ay! So they were free...I should feel guilty, yet I hang them above our tub with pride. Kathleen is convinced this happens to me all the time.)

3) Candles, orchid, and plant all from BB&B using our gift cards and coupons...
Cost: $0

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment